Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Ten Worst Cars Sold In The U.S.

Below y'all will find a list of cars I found interesting. I found this list while looking thru the Los Angeles Times. All the information will be from that article. All the pictures related to this post were found at a variety of places on the internet using a Google search for pictures of each car. The information and pictures used in this post are for the sole purpose of sharing with anyone that wants to check it out because they too were curious. If you follow the link for the Los Angeles Times you can do a search for the original story if you are so inclined. I found this list interesting and if I were asked I would be able to add to the list provided. I have owned a few pretty crappy brand new cars in my life that I could add, but I will save that for another post. Anyway, for your viewing/reading pleasure I present you with The Ten Worst Cars Sold In The United States.
#10) 1971 Ford Pinto
Built to a $2,000 base price, the subcompact Pinto lacks protection for its rear-mounted fuel tank. It earns a reputation as a fire-prone death trap and Ford pays out millions in judgments.
# 9) 1917 Chevrolet Series D
Chevy's first V8 could only manage 36 hp, which was less than the brand's four cylinder engine. GM killed it after 1918, the next Chevy V8 didn't come for another 37 years.
# 8) 1979 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme Diesel
As bad as the 5.7 liter Olds diesel V8 was, the 4.3 liter version was worse. Sold only in the '79 Cutless, the 4.3 liter diesel made a mere 90 hp before shattering into shrapnel.
# 7) 1982 Cadillac Cimarron
Shamefule, cynical attempt to compete against BMW with a redecorated version of the front-drive, four cylinder Chevrolet Cavalier. A self-inflicted headwound that almost killed Cadillac.
# 6) 1958 Edsel Corsair
Ford goes hunting for a market niche that wasn't there with a redecorated Mecury that had been beaten with the ugly stick. The legendary flop of ALL automotive flops.

Bonus Tips: Find Best Educational Lessons Around Your Area


# 5) Saturn Ion
Shockingly incompetent to drive and with a stupid interior to match. Kick it and your foot could get stuck in the gaps between it's plastic body panels. Easily the second worst car of the 21st century.
# 4) 1971 Chevrolet Vega
An engine that couldn't hold oil, in a car built with total contempt for it's buyers. It's the car that invited Americans to buy Toyotas and Hondas, however, it did make a good Pro Stock Racer.
# 3) 1987 Yugo
A Serbian-made version of the Fiat 127 that people thought couldn't possibly be as awful as it's low price suggested. But it was!
# 2) 1974 Ford Mustang II
Built upon the spindly bones of the Pinto, this shrunken, malformed pony is instantly appalling to ALL of the Mustang lovers. And, unfortunately, hugely popular with buyers stuck with the serial fuel crisis.
# 1) 2001 Pontiac Aztek
Drive one and you will quickly realize that the Aztek's exterior design is it's best feature. It's the very worst car of all time because it's the only car on the list to kill an 84 y/o car company. It's undeniable that the Aztek's utter hideousness drove the biggest and last nails into Pontiac's heavily side-clad, plastic coffin
Okay, as I mentioned above I had nothing to do with this list. But, what this list provided me an opportunity to do was to do a little research to find out how accurate the complaints actually were. I was surprised, each of the cars listed above have their diehard fans and haters alike. Of the list provided I can say that my dad was a proud owner of a '71 Chevy Vega. He would cuss that car daily but would't ever give it up, he drove that car for 15 years before selling it to a "hot rod enthusiest" kid who just had to have it. For that matter, my mother drove the '74 Ford Mustang II until it was stolen a few years later. I know, who in the hell would steal that car! All in all, I am sure all of us could make a top ten list of the worst cars we ever owned. I know I could, but it would make this post quite long, plus, some of mine were bought overseas in their country of origin so my list would be international. Look f 8000 or it, but don't hold your breath because I may or may not ever get to it, it just depends how things go. But, I had fun looking for information on these cars and more fun searching the internet for all the pictures to use. I had a hard time finding one or two of them. I guess when you suck they don't want your picture plastered everywhere. If you happen to own or ever have owned one of these cars I would like to hear what your opinion is about it. Well, that's all folks, catch you next time and thanks for checking in, and I hope y'all enjoyed it all.

You May Like these too:



  1. Best Financial Advisor in your Area
  2. Where to Find Best DJ Services?
  3. Beautician Services near You.
  4. Where to get Travel Tickets in Cheap cost?
  5. True Astrology Services!

No comments:

Post a Comment